About the Role
CloudBees is hiring a Staff Software Engineering - Technical Lead to develop our next-generation solutions! This is an excellent opportunity to join CloudBees product development team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical product managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within an innovative and progressive technology company. In this role as a staff-level software engineer, you will guide a team of highly talented individuals in performing technical management activities to create the backbone for all CloudBees product offerings. This team is focusing on building our next generation of platform capabilities focusing on mission critical functionality like authentication, authorization, billing, and licensing.
What You'll Do
As a Staff Software Engineering Technical Lead, you will lead projects and develop systems for other team members to use. You are an engineer with advanced experience with cross-team influence. You will be part of an engineering team comprising front-end, back-end, and full-stack software engineers doing agile development.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS: …a technical expert. Advocating for technical best practices while delivering innovative, evolutionary software is the most important part of this role.
- You should have a proven track record in delivering software products from ideation to market to maintenance. You will implement solutions and propose your own solutions for technical problems.
- You will know what needs to be done, and do it or ensure it gets done.
- You will successfully context switch between projects and produce high performing results.
- You will assist with defining development standards for the team and make suggestions of areas to improve high performance. You will advocate and implement modern software development practices, Lean and Agile thinking.
- You will stay abreast of relevant tools, technologies, and development practices
- You will serve as an escalation point for technical issues, concerns, conflicts.
- You will model creative thinking and innovation and find creative ways to grow the business. You will proactively solicit alternative ideas, thoughts and opinions.
- You will evaluate technical feasibility - whether the product/capability can be built well, in a timely manner, leveraging the right skills and technology …decisive, accountable, a good communicator.
- You will regularly take part in deep-dive sessions to translate organization vision and strategy into action and goals.
- You take end-to-end responsibility for the design, architecture and efficient high quality delivery of multiple major components. You will shape the vision and goals for the software team. Translate organizational vision and strategy into action.
- You will make decisions on day-to-day work that impact team and project short term success.
- You will mentor others and provide technical guidance.
- You will network with key contacts across the organization to solve complex business issues within their functional area.
- You will maintain a customer focus and become a strong contributor to the overall success of the business which involves ensuring that all aspects of the company put its customers' satisfaction first.
- You will facilitate the conditions that allow the team to be successful.
- You will facilitate communication and empower members to self-optimize their processes.
- You will represent the team in our weekly scrum of scrums. .. a strong technical leader.
The successful candidate will help to create delivery targets for the team and to continue to increase efficiency. Experience with Agile methodologies is an advantage.
- You will collaborate and influence others inside and outside their team. Coach the “how-tos” of the profession of software development.
- You will present new ideas and techniques for solving problems and increasing productivity.
- You will take the initiative to independently research new ideas and methods for improving the execution of work at the organizational level.
- You will plan and organize the development tasks and stories for the project and team members.
- You will lead, guide and monitor the analysis, design of architecture, implementation and execution of features.
- You will provide direct supervision of others and to assist other team members with activities as the demands dictate while keeping your commitments to the team.
- You will inspire an atmosphere of feedback, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
This position reports to the Sr Director of Platform Engineering and will play a key role in delivering our next-generation solution for DevOps to our customers.
We’re invested in you!
We offer generous paid time off to allow our employees time to rest, recharge and to be present with family and friends throughout the year.
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem-solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
- 8+ years experience in an object oriented language with a solid understanding of core language concepts and standard library
- 3+ years Golang programming language and its ecosystem
- 5+ years of experience with our tech stack or equivalent: Kubernetes, React, Kafka, GraphQL, AWS, GCP, and Cloud Storage.
- 5+ years experience with Identity and Access Management concepts such as authentication, authorization, multi-factor authentication and JWTs
- 3+ years experience with IdP solutions such as Keycloak
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in working on SaaS products
- 5+ years of experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to production
- 2+ years experience with database systems such as Cassandra and PostgreSQL
- Experience with design & development of request-response APIs, including RESTful APIs and gRPC Knowledge of CI/CD tools, DevOps culture, and SaaSOps Understanding of SSO related technologies such as SAML and OIDC
- Experience with monitoring tools, e.g. Splunk, Datadog/Grafana or other popular tools for visualization and observability.
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of software development, project management, quality assurance, and customer advocacy Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile empowered environment and ability to work autonomously Ability to innovate in a fast-paced industry
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
Important: Lors de votre postulation, merci de nous informer que vous avez vu notre annonce sur WeJob.