The EPFL Extension School in Geneva, Switzerland, is looking for a Web Application Developer to work on scaling and further development our e-learning platform to support our rapidly growing learner base and product offer.
Built with the goal to create the world’s best online learning environment, the EPFL Extension School platform provides a unique end-to-end learner experience, from the initial signup all the way to the delivery of an EPFL certificate. In order to accommodate our rapid growth, we need to continuously enhance the platform to become ever more user-friendly, stable and secure, and extend its functionalities to transform it into an intelligent platform, made for a highly personalized learning experience.
This is a role where your work will touch thousands of people every day in what is perhaps the most noble of all human activities: education. We are looking for a team player who not only is able to envision a better future, but has the skills and the experience to build it. You will be working in a rapidly changing and iterative product development environment that prizes innovation, collaboration, and results.
The online learning platform handles learner registration, payments, content delivery, peer interactions, coding and other assignments, course management, user management, and many other aspects. It is ultimately the home and public face of the EPFL Extension School.
Correspondingly, the key responsibilities of this role are to:
- ensure a fantastic user experience for our course teams and our learners
- develop internal reporting tools and dashboards, integrating data from our platform and third-party services (Stripe, Github, Mailjet, etc.)
- develop new platform tools and features to support new product launches and to enhance the user experience and communications between us and our learners
- expand the functionality of the platform to allow rapid deployment of new products and services
- scale our infrastructure to handle growth in traffic and data
- integrate AI tools into the platform to support the learner experience
- ensure the stability, scalability, speed and robustness of the platform
Qualified applicants should have:
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining web applications
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and React.js
- Experience with 3rd party integration and customization (e.g. Stripe, Github, Mailjet, Heroku, AWS, etc.)
- Mastery of git
- Demonstrated experience with testing frameworks
- Track record of operating production services in a dynamic environment
- An eye for design
- Ability to adapt and learn in a rapidly evolving technological field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where things can change very quickly
- Mastery of written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in team-based environments
- Startup and Agile/Scrum/Lean experience are both ++
Important: Lors de votre postulation, merci de nous informer que vous avez vu notre annonce sur WeJob.