We are looking for an enthusiastic QA Engineer to work on our core and business products to help shape the future of science and academic publishing. The ideal candidate will have a background in automated and manual testing of large web sites and strong QA experience. You will join one of our scrum teams in Lausanne to lead the testing activities of the products this team works on, and work closely with the product owner and development team, as well as with an external team based in India, making sure that quality is baked in from the start.
- Plan, define and execute test cases for each release.
- Estimate, prioritize, and coordinate testing activities with an external team.
- Work with product development team to define and verify the acceptance criteria of our user stories.
- Work with development team to incorporate test processes/cycles into each sprint.
- Report and document technical issues, as well as follow them up through the complete bug cycle.
- Conduct post-release testing.
- Collaborate in the creation and maintenance of our test automation infrastructure.
- Monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system issues to meet quality standards.
- Help developers and teams cultivate a quality mindset.
- Understand and evaluate risk factors as they relate to changing requirements.
- 3+ years of quality assurance and test engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Methodical, a self-starter, and passionate about quality which is key to the growth and success of a product.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills to identify root cause and cause/effect relations.
- Strong organizational skills, able to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with SQL databases and MongoDB.
- Experience with coding using C#.
- Understanding of Java technologies, XML, JS, CSS, and HTML.
- Experience developing automated tests using Selenium Webdriver.
- Experience with API testing and performance testing.
- 25 days' vacation per year and Christmas office closure;
- Participation into the company's annual bonus scheme;
- Access to the latest equipment and international working environment;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Plenty of social & fun benefits:
- Christmas party, summer barbecue, monthly happy hour;
- Fruits & snacks in the kitchen as well as much tea & coffee as you like;
- In-house well being activities including free weekly yoga;
- A huge variety of self-organized activities from ski trips and football to French club.
How to apply
Please submit your application in English.
Applicants must be Swiss or EU citizen, or have a valid Swiss work permit.
Agencies must first contact [email protected] and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.
Important: Lors de votre postulation, merci de nous informer que vous avez vu notre annonce sur WeJob.