World leading international company for education and cultural exchange. 540 offices and schools across 54 countries. First class personal and career development. Modern and progressive work environment.
Are you interested in working with one of the largest educational organizations in the world? Are you a DevOps Engineer at a Senior level looking to join a growing team? Are you looking for a new challenge in central Zurich? Do you have 4-6 years of experience in designing solutions with Docker containers?
Our client combines language training with cultural exchange, academic achievement, and educational travel to deliver courses and programmes that transform dreams into international opportunities. This is achieved through a strong passion for cultural diversity in the workplace and focus on excellent educational development for their employees.
Now they are building up their in-house teamwithin their Language Centre to reimagine the customer experience. They are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineerto join them in this task.
- Definition and implementation of the Kubernetes platform strategy, including architecture, design, and roadmaps
- Responsible for maintaining and developing the company's highly available Kubernetes clusters where all of their business applications are hosted
- Serving as the technical expert in docker and container orchestration technologies
- Monitoring tools for the Kubernetes platform and governing the use of these tools
- Keeping up with the latest industry trends in these technologies and ingest the newer technologies as and when required
- Leaders in international education
- Their mission is to break down barriers in language, culture and geography
- Have helped millions of people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree
- 43,500 staff around the world
- Modern offices across the world
- Young team
- A real focus on personal development and career development
- Space to grow within the company
- An international working environment with a diverse range of cultures
- Excellent relocation package for those outside of Switzerland
- Plenty of opportunities for further education
- Opportunities for international travel
- Product discounts (Language and Travel Programs)
- Fun offsite outings
- Competitive benefits package
- One free flight home per year
As the right person for the job, you have:
- Excellent skill with Kubernetes and the ability to design and implement end-to-end container management solutions with Kubernetes
- Good experience with networking in Kubernetes and auto-scaling, monitoring and logging
- Understanding of internal Kubernetes architecture and operations
- Sound knowledge of container technologies and the tools and challenges around them
- A strong understanding of container architecture, Docker universal packaging, container orchestration and stateless microservices architecture
- Able to prioritize work
- Motivated to learn and expand your depth of knowledge
- A good collaborator and team player
- Experienced in continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), optimization and security using tools like Jenkins
- Experienced with GIT based version management software such as GitHub
- Fluent in English
- A Swiss or EU National
- Skilled and knowledgable with AWS as a bonus
- Certified in Docker/Kubernetes as a bonus
If you meet the above requirements, please get in contact ASAP to discuss further.