You are part of our R&D department which develops Nagra Pay TVs solutions for our customers. More particularly, within a multidisciplinary and experienced Agile R&D team, you contribute to develop and maintain the solution that manages Pay TV customer subscriptions under hard performance and robustness constraints. The R&D engineers are responsible for the architecture, the specification, the implementation, the unit test and the delivery of all the software modules of our backend solution. In addition to the development activities, RnD engineers are also in charge of the 3rd level of support for our worldwide deployed solutions and the maintenance of our development infrastructure. More specifically, the R&D system engineers are seen as the R&D experts on Unix and HW equipment, including High Availability, Scalability, Backup/Restore, Resiliency and Cloud solutions. As system engineers, they are also directly involved in the operations related the upgrade of the Customer’s platforms.
- Contribute to the product development through day to day contribution on a scrum team
- Act as platform specialist within the R&D team and deliver expertise to your teammates
- Develop, unit test and debug maintainable platforms; be accountable for agreed development schedules.
- Follow quality development rules and recommendations (documentation, workload estimation, unitary test, change management, development process…)
- Maintain and improve facilities around AIX or Linux infrastructure.
- Maintain and improve tools to check Systems sanity
- Perform 3rd level of support on Linux, AIX, PowerHA, PowerVM, Network & SAN, for our solutions
- Write technical specifications from general product requirements to detailed specifications.
- Take an active role to the upgrade of Customer platforms
- Communicate with suppliers to follow-up issues and roadmaps (for R&D and production).
- Meticulous and proactive mindset with a high sense of ownership and commitment
- Team player capable to share knowledge with other team members.
- Ready to learn and to evolve in a complex and challenging R&D environment
- Able to work in a multicultural environment (regular collaboration with remote teams in India, Europe, ...)
- Fluent French & English
The R&D System Engineer should have the following work experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science field.
- Minimum of 5 years HW/operating system engineering and product development experience.
- Solid Networking competences (TCP/IP, redundant architecture, network equipment configuration, network architecture)
- Advanced administration knowledge of Linux Red Hat (5.x/6.x/7.x) and/or AIX (AIX 5.3 and 7)
- Advanced knowledge of scripting (ksh, bash, awk, sed, perl, python )
- Advanced knowledge of SAN architecture, Clustering (PowerHA), Backup tools,…
- Experience with pSeries hardware and Virtualization features (HMC and IVM)
- Proficient in understanding and producing technical documentation, in English.
Is a significant advantage
- Familiarity with Agile engineering practices
- Usage of Oracle under Linux and AIX (installation, DB backups and restore, RAC)
- Knowledge of software development and hands on experience with one or more of the following languages: C++, Java and SQL
- Knowledge of VMWare environment implementation and administration
- Knowledge of cloud environment implementation and administration
- Knowledge in test methodology and tooling
Important: Lors de votre postulation, merci de nous informer que vous avez vu notre annonce sur WeJob.