As a Digital Technical Lead, you will be working on the API-based middleware serving various digital touchpoints (e-Commerce Web sites, social commerce apps, customer relationship center back-office, in-store mobile apps, B2B portals…).
This integration layer is based on several tens of micro-services spread across Europe and China, and will soon be extended by an API Management Platform (PoC with 2 leading vendors under progress).
Working closely with a cross-functional team of developers, architects, testers and DevOps, you will participate in the overall strategy, analysis, design and implementation of our API-based solutions, while also defining the relevant tools (monitoring, APM, …) as well as the documentation for the support teams.
SPECIFIC SKILLS RELATED TO THE ROLE
- Excellent knowledge of Java 1.7+ language & technology stack.
- Web formats and protocols: JSON, XML, HTTP, SOAP, WSDL, etc.
- Service-oriented and REST architectures.
- RESTful APIs, XML, web security, n-tier server technologies, and enterprise application integration.
- Micro-services based on Spring and/or Vert-X frameworks
- API Management Platforms (e.g. Google Apigee, IBM API Connect, Axway…)
- MongoDB and MySQL databases
- At ease with development tools and processes like Maven, Subversion, Git, Eclipse, Unit testing, Agile methodologies.
- Experience in creating applications on industry standard platforms & frameworks.
- Experience with SAP is an asset
- Understand your working environment and establish a strong and trusted relationship with your stakeholders, third-party agencies and peers.
- Ensure efficient and smooth information and communication flow within the team as well as a thorough integration of external team members (on-site and remote ones)
- Proactively share and challenge ideas and integrate other inputs in your own thinking, develop a collaborative mindset within your team
- Provide technical expertise of Products/Solution in your scope
- Support the development team in resolving complex issues
- Ensure that technical specifications exist and up-to-date at all times
- Collaborate with the DevOps team to automate the integration of developed Product/Solution (such as Continuous Integration, Continuous deployment)
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (Developers, Scrum Masters, Architects…)
- Actively contribute in Communities of Practices