What you will be doing
- Development/improvement of our core product.
- Development of additional components of our core product.
- Assisting with integration projects with Teserakt clients and customers.
- Development of custom implementations of Teserakt’s cryptography for bespoke projects.
- Supporting any of the above development projects as per the needs of our clients.
The hiring process
We aim to be as transparent as possible throughout the hiring process:
- Initial coding exercise you can complete on your own time. We might not ask you to do this, especially if you have some code you can show us that you are particularly proud of.
- Most likely, two further interviews. If you are remote we will most likely arrange a call with you for the first.
Why work at Teserakt?
Teserakt was founded in Lausanne, Switzerland in 2018 by noted cryptographer Dr. JP Aumasson and serial entrepreneur Alan Duric with the objective of bringing state-of-the-art end-to-end cryptography to machine communications.
We offer a chance to work with diverse customers from around the world, in order to secure their machine-to-machine communications. We offer a role in which you are not simply producing a product in a single narrow specialization.
We also strongly believe in developing and supporting our people, whether this is books, materials, mentoring, training or conferences. We will work with you to understand your career goals and where we possibly can, we will help you to work towards them.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are looking for the best engineers and future colleagues we can find, period. We do not take race, religion, gender, nationality, ethnicity, or disabilities (including mental health) into account during the hiring process.
What you need for this position
- A willingness to learn new technologies. Teserakt AG works with customers with diverse requirements and technology choices.
- A focus on quality. Our software handles cryptographic keys that our customers are depending on to protect their communications.
- An ability to write code for developers. The code you write may be seen by third party engineering teams, as will the documentation. We are looking for someone who will write code they are prepared to show to our customers.
- An appreciation of secure development processes and security issues.
- Good written and spoken English. Other languages a plus, but not required.
- Communication skills and empathy.
- A sense of humour.
- We develop in Golang primarily, following Go best practices, go modules and the go-kit framework. We use go’s testing framework and many tools to help improve our code.
- DevOps skills. We are particularly keen on docker and Google Cloud experience, or similar (AWS/Azure skills).
- Knowledge of development principles and practices: git, issue management, release management, continuous integration, agile / scrum practices etc.
- Experience of, or willingness to learn, other technologies outside of those mentioned above. We have implemented code in C and specialized this for AVR, Java and Rust.
- Understanding of cryptography. You do not need to be an expert - however, understanding of some of the challenges in cryptographic software development and wider security issues is a big plus.
To apply, please email us at email@example.com with all relevant information (CV, informal letter, GitHub username, and so on).